[OSGeo-Discuss] Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies Conference in South America

SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy
Tue Jul 12 10:04:38 PDT 2016

Dear colleagues,
Maybe you already know that the Uruguayan gvSIG Community is organising for late October a Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies Conference (http://www.gvsig.com/en/eventos/jornadas-lac/2016) which will be our 4th. Uruguayan gvSIG Conference and the 8th. Latin American and Caribbean gvSIG Conference. It is not exactly a FOSS4G event but almost. It has become a landmark event for the country and the region. I will be presenting GeoForAll in it so as to promote it between Latin American colleagues. It will be really helpful to have the support of the Geo4all network to strengthen this promotion. I'm sure it will be very positive for the success of our Conference as well as for the development of Geo4all. Let me invite all members to this event specially those from Latin America and the Caribbean. It will be great to meet some of you here in Montevideo.
Thanks for your time,

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía