[OSGeo-Discuss] Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies Conference in South America

Edwin Liava'a liavaa.edwin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 14:06:33 PDT 2016

Hi Sergio and Suchith,

Tonnes of thanks for sharing, I have been thinking along the same
avenue in view of one day having a FOSS4G for the Pacific Islands
Region.

It is still work in progress and we persevere to bring more of my
fellow Pacific Islanders to join us in "Geo for All".

Likewise, on the same token my intention is to do a presentation on
GeoForAll during the Pacific Islands GIS & RS User Conference - 28th
to 1st December 2016, and would love to handout OSGeoLive DVDs to
participants during the event.

Am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Edwin

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 5:04 AM, SERGIO ACOSTAYLARA
<sergio.acostaylara at mtop.gub.uy> wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
> Maybe you already know that the Uruguayan gvSIG Community is organising for
> late October a Free and Open Source Geographic Information Technologies
> Conference (http://www.gvsig.com/en/eventos/jornadas-lac/2016) which will be
> our 4th. Uruguayan gvSIG Conference and the 8th. Latin American and
> Caribbean gvSIG Conference. It is not exactly a FOSS4G event but almost. It
> has become a landmark event for the country and the region. I will be
> presenting GeoForAll in it so as to promote it between Latin American
> colleagues. It will be really helpful to have the support of the Geo4all
> network to strengthen this promotion. I'm sure it will be very positive for
> the success of our Conference as well as for the development of Geo4all. Let
> me invite all members to this event specially those from Latin America and
> the Caribbean. It will be great to meet some of you here in Montevideo.
> Thanks for your time,
>

> Sergio Acosta y Lara
> Departamento de Geomática
> Dirección Nacional de Topografía
> Ministerio de Transporte y Obras Públicas
> URUGUAY

Edwin Liava'a
CheSpatial
Lautoka, FIJI