[OSGeo-Discuss] Possibly, The End of Gmane

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Fri Jul 29 09:26:27 PDT 2016

Thanks Mateusz for sharing this.

This beautifully democratic action by an individual to facilitate community interaction is something a decent government should be supporting, versus surrendering this service to the commercial realm where we are sifted and sold to other commercial entities.

Whether it is DDoS or frivolous lawsuits, we are watching the demise of what we most need for indulging the evolution of ideas.

Lars Ingebrigtsen thank you so much for a lifetime of generous giving.

Whatever happens, you have given the world a wonderful gift!

-Patrick