[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo is supporting the Geospatial World Forum - opportunity for OSGeo advocates

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Sun Mar 13 11:44:18 PDT 2016

Dear all,

As OSGeo celebrates his 10th anniversary, and outreach to the external
world is one of our strategic goals for the next 10 years, OSGeo decided
to become supporting organisation for the Geospatial World Forum in
Rotterdam, 2016 May 23-26. We will host an "OSGeo" track on May 24,
2016. As this is an opportunity where the whole GIS industry and the
public sector is coming together from all over the globe to exchange
information, it is a great opportunity for OSGeo to outreach to the
greater public.

Please have a look at the draft agenda and add your name where you may
help. I am looking for advocates that want to promote their project,
their community, why they are involved, and how people interested could
benefit or help out. It is a good moment to celebrate and to show the
advantages of OSGeo software.

[1] is the wiki page with a schedule for an agenda. The idea is to
present OSGeo as an organisation from volunteers to anybody interested
in open software, where OSGeo will present our new vision and mission,
Geo4All, the live-Demo and the Champion OSGeo projects. The template is
copied into the GWF program [2], where GWF is asking to provide pictures
of people presenting to send a photo.

There are 2 workshops: INSPIRE for OSGeo / OSGeo for INSPIRE where we
will discuss how both communities can support each other, and there is a
workshop about the next steps for the European Local Chapter.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Geospatial_World_Forum_2016
[2] http://geospatialworldforum.org/OSGeo-programme.html
[3] http://geospatialworldforum.org/

Dirk

P.S.
I also included the contact persons of the nearby local chapters
(Netherlands, Germany and Belgium) to distribute the message in their
respective local chapters.

--
Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne