[OSGeo-Discuss] update sponsorship logos

Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Fri Mar 18 02:25:11 PDT 2016

One of the two fonts Steven mention in his  2011 search for the fonts  (the Trebuchet) is part of the Microsoft (!) TrueType font pack for the web which, according the the EULA, can be reproduced and distributed freely [1].

The other one, the LucasFonts Sans Italic [2] is a piece of art by the pretty famous Dutch font designer Lucas de Groot (now living in Berlin)

According to my sources 50 EUR, for a packed to be used on 5 different PCs [3].

Perhaps we should ask Lucas to give a presentation on font design, use and copyright as the FOSS4G ;-)

Regards,

GJ

[1] http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fontpack/eula.htm

[2] http://www.lucasfonts.com/fonts/thesans/about/