[OSGeo-Discuss] [Incubator] Should OSGeo accept "benevolent dictator" projects into OSGeo?

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu May 5 06:58:58 PDT 2016

Hi Peter,

Let me ask you: what do you hope to gain by getting an OSGeo mark? And, whatever that is, is that worth all this negotiation?

Personally, I use a product if it is good for me, not because it has a certain blessing on it. There are many non-OSGeo products I use, and there are many OSGeo products I don’t use. If Rasdaman suits my needs, I will use it whether or not it has been blessed by OSGeo.

Since it seems like what you want and what OSGeo is willing to give are at odds, I ask again: what do you hope to gain from OSGeo’s blessing?