[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo-EU toward a new OSGeo scenario?

Marc Vloemans marcvloemans1 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 03:29:16 PDT 2016

Thanks Till
For adding&pointing out the bottom line; even in a globalised world most European entities preferably deal with European entities. Especially if it concerns public policy and commercial matters. So let locals scratch local itches (imagine a European knocking on the door of the White House ;-)
And let's get downto business (sorry, for the pun).

@All
By the way, when organisations grow and mature, they usually differentiate their activities and adapt organisational structure to accommodate the wider/growing  variety of members/stakeholders/customers. This way no one feels  left out and there is always something for someone to benefit from. For OSGeo this is the next step/phase in its evolution.
Whether, it will lead to uncontrollable fragmentation, chaos and unwanted split offs is principally a managerial problem. Something for Board, officers, Chartermembers etc to deal with in a sensible, professional and rational manner.

So....question.....who feel(s) this particular itch the most....????

Vriendelijke groet,
Marc Vloemans