[OSGeo-Discuss] [Incubator] Should OSGeo accept "benevolent dictator" projects into OSGeo?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun May 1 12:58:22 PDT 2016

When acting in this capacity I speak as a member of OSGeo (and not as a
boundless employee).

There are several aspects about our foundation that I personally disagree
with, never the less I try and respect the view point of each community I
work with. Personally I do respect your opinion on the benevolent dictator
model, I love the fact that someone is in position to take responsibility
and care for the project.

As indicated in my previous email OSGeo as a foundation really focuses on
being inclusive with the (possibly idealistic) notion of being open to a
new volunteer (or organization) being able to take an interest in a project
and gradually assume responsibility and governance as they become more
passionate.

--
Jody Garnett