[OSGeo-Discuss] [Incubator] Should OSGeo accept "benevolent dictator" projects into OSGeo?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 2 06:33:54 PDT 2016

Since this particular topic is a hard discussion (with a projects status in
our community on the line) I do not wish to replay it for an audience.
OSGeo as an organization is responsible for fostering projects; working
through these issues needs to be supportive.

In incubation we try and tackle these topics on the incubation email list
(volunteers welcome - projects are waiting to join our foundation). For
sensitive topics each project has a mentor, a volunteer from OSGeo such as
yourself, to help project teams with these sometimes difficult ideas.

If you would like a panel discussion with project leads on how each project
does open source I would be game. A strength of OSGeo is that we have the
flexibility for a wide range of approaches.

--
Jody Garnett