[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] How big is the Open Source Geo developer and consultancy community?

Dave McIlhagga dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com
Sat May 7 07:26:52 PDT 2016

Hi Steven,

Re. The Supply side - I'd suggest you include anyone who actively contributes effort to the development of OS software regardless of how they monetize the activity.

For instance, if you don't include companies working on the software that then gets monetized via proprietary solutions and commercial packaging, you would be missing what I expect are the silent majority of OS software contributors. It would also make your survey more black and white in terms of whether one qualifies as being part of the open source economics. Essentially if you contribute you're in.

Dave

Sent from mobile
dmcilhagga at mapsherpa.com