[OSGeo-Discuss] Pixel shift in gdal2tiles process

Nils Rhode n.rhode at rjm.de
Thu Nov 10 05:50:29 PST 2016

Hi everbody,

I would like to calculate large geotiff files (10.000 x 10.000px) with the help of gdal2tiles in little (256x256px) tiles. The process works fine.

However, the result is not perfect. There is a slight shift in the tiles. I've already tried different resampling methods and get the same result every time.

Here is my statement: Gdal2tiles.py -s EPSG: 25832 -z 11-20 /home/input/file.tif output_path /

I think there might be a problem with transforming EPSG:25832 to EPSG:3857 – but if I try to transform with gdalwarp – same problem...

Does somebody has any idea?

(Image oft he pixel shift: https://i.stack.imgur.com/E7iQO.jpg )

Thanks a lot,

Nils