[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] Not graduated OSGeo project...

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Oct 21 03:00:04 PDT 2016

On Friday 21 October 2016 12:41:56 Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 10/20/2016 10:53 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> > OSGeo-Live likewise has hundreds of contributors, provides a easy way
> > for new users to find out about Open Source projects, and maintains a
> > high level of quality. It should be promoted. Note, we have considered
> > taking OSGeo-Live through graduation. Checklist here:
> >
> > https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Incubation_Graduation_Checklist
>
> I think it is time for us to push the incubation process and address any
> concerns there might be about OSGeo-Live through that process.

+1. I think that the OSGeo-Live project deserves first class recognition, and
from my outsider perspective seems to have processes similar to other OSGeo
projects. Beyond what is products, the OSGeo-Live ISO, the packaging effort
also greatly benefits to OSGeo (and other) projects.
Making clear what is the scope of the project and what is vetted or not by it
should be sufficient to address any concern.

Even

http://www.spatialys.com