[OSGeo-Discuss] R: [Board] Not graduated OSGeo project...

Codrina Maria Ilie codrina at geo-spatial.org
Fri Oct 21 22:09:39 PDT 2016

Dear Maxi,

I agree with Maria.

In my understanding, the Data4All initiative should be self standing
within OSGeo.

My reasons revolve around the idea that open (geo)data extends far
beyond the public sector (data collected and/or produced by national
agencies within monitoring activities) or the academic sector (data
produced and/or collected within various research projects or by
students for their thesis). OSM, HOT wouldn't really fit in any of the
mentioned.
Furthermore, open (geo)data extended further than the realm of
geoscience, thus I think Data4All should be a initiative, project (call
it as one may) with a broad perspective and not confined within the
boundaries of what we have now within OSGeo.

My2c.

Cheers,
Codrina