[OSGeo-Discuss] [Geo4All] Advancing GIScience with Open Source Technologies - latest updates

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 19:48:45 PDT 2016

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the updates and great to see the meeting agenda. Please do email the meeting summary and few photos for our newsletter after the event.

I wont be able to attend the ICA commission meetings at Autocarto as i have been invited for participating in panel session at the Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN) [1] Summit 2016 in New York and other meetings that week. The GODAN Summit http://summit.godan.info/ seeks to advance the agenda of open data for agriculture and nutrition.The Summit will bring together world leaders and decision makers in - public, private and non-profit united around a collaboration on agriculture and nutrition data openness. The Summit goals are to illustrate the opening, the use, and the importance of agriculture and nutrition data.  United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, senior level government staff from governments worldwide are all attending this summit and this is a good opportunity to share Geo4All ideas . GODAN has high level governmental support (G7, United Nations, FAO) and strong collaborations in place with governments worldwide so it is important that we have synergies with GODAN and  work together to expand collaborations.

Wish you all productive commission meetings at AutoCarto and give my regards to all colleagues.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] http://www.godan.info/