[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2016] Board nomination for Dirk Frigne

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 13 11:50:14 PDT 2016

Forwarding nominations of Moritz Lennert and Gert-Jan van der Weijden for
Dirk Frigne.

Best
Jorge Sanz
CRO 2016

******

Hello,

I would like to nominate Dirk Frigne (dirk.frigne at geosparc.com) from
Belgium as a board member.

Dirk has entered the Board recently and has since worked hard on
advancing OSGeo interests and on pushing an agenda of
professionalizing OSGeo as an organisation. He was one of the
co-founders of OSGeo.be in Belgium and has been one of the leaders of
the OSGeo-EU initiative which led to the creation of this new chapter
and which hopefully will allow breaking the stronghold of proprietary
software in EU institutions and allow the integration of more foss4g in
European initiatives and programmes, by federating European actors
into networks.

He has a strong business perspective and thus ensures a voice for all
the small SME's active in foss4g.

I feel that he has only just begun and that at his current rate of
pouring energy into OSGeo he will bring a lot to the community if he
is allowed to continue in the board.

Moritz

--
Jorge Sanz