[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2016] Nomination for OSGeo Board: Marc Vloemans

Jeroen Ticheler jeroen.ticheler at geocat.net
Mon Sep 19 00:04:48 PDT 2016

I also second the nomination of Marc! I know Marc for almost ten years now and he has always been pushing open source geospatial software with great enthusiasm and energy. Especially in The Netherlands, but in the last years also more and more at an international level. It is great to see him stand for election to the osgeo board now and I'm convinced he'll bring lots of new ideas and energy with him. With his  business and marketing background he could well be the person to give open source geospatial software an extra boost as a solid commercial alternative to proprietary software.
Cheers,
Jeroen

GeoCat Bridge for ArcGIS allows instant publishing of data and metadata on GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS and GeoNetwork. Visit http://geocat.net for details.
Jeroen Ticheler