[OSGeo-Discuss] Detect and define the coordinate system of gis data with no projection information automatically

Julien Moquet moquet.julien at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 13:24:43 PDT 2016

Thank you Even,

It's true I was just about to contribute to http://proj4.org/projections/
index.html !

"Is it about having a catalog of spatial reference systems (and all related
information: projections, projection parameters, ellipsoids, datums, prime
meridians, area of use, transformations, etc...) "

Yes. And it's true that many other projects made a catalog on their own.
But all of them need a human being to get hacked.

We will get back on metacrs or spatialreference mailing list.
But it was needed to act the project need to be, on a wider part of the
community.

Regards,
Julien.