[OSGeo-Discuss] [Election 2016] Board Nomination for Massimiliano Cannata

Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat sarawutn at ait.asia
Wed Sep 14 23:01:34 PDT 2016

Dear All,

I am delighted to learn that Maxi is standing for reelection to the
OSGeo Board.
I have know Maxi since the first FOSS4G conference held in Bangkok in 2004.
I was a student that time and the interaction with Maxi was one of the
big motivation for me to take up on FOSS4G for my research and subsequently
in my teaching.

It is really a pleasure to discuss with Maxi as he is full of ideas and
completely devoted
to the Free and Open Source philosophy. Maxi has implemented several
projects in
Asia including Thailand and also played a vital role at conferences,
workshops and
seminars to spread the use of FOSS4G.

I would like to express my strong support for his nomination and look
forward
to his continued contribution to the OSGeo foundation in the capacity as
a Board Member.

Best of luck to Maxi

Sarawut
-----------
Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat
Asian Institute of Technology
Representativeof OSGeo-Thai Chapter
Coordinator, FOSS4G-Asia 2014

> On 9/13/2016 7:05 PM, hayashi at apptec.co.jp wrote:
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Maxi has been an active member of OSGeo foundation
>> and served the community well in various capacities.
>> He has also help to spread the spirit of FOSS4G the
>> worldover and I had several occasions to interact
>> with him at conferences and workshops in Asia and Europe.
>> About the Technology side story, Gérald Fenoy already introduced
>> enough for his work.
>>
>> I strongly support Maxi's nomination for re-election as
>> OSGeo Board Member.
>>
>> Hayashi (OSGeo Japan Chapter)
>>
>> On 2016/09/10 4:40, Jorge Sanz wrote:
>>> Find below Massimiliano Cannata nomination to the Board of Directors by
>>> Gérald Fenoy.
>>>
>>> Best
>>> Jorge
>>> CRO 2016

Dr. Sarawut NINSAWAT
Assistant Professor
Interim Field of Study Coordinator
Remote Sensing & GIS
School of Engineering and Technology
Asian Institute of Technology (AIT)

P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Telephone: (66 2) 524 6406
Fax: (66 2) 524 5597

58 Moo 9, Km. 42, Paholyothin Highway
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand