[OSGeo-Discuss] Press Release: Gaia3D Silver Sponsorship

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 20:15:49 PDT 2017

*Daejeon, South Korea, 3 April 2017* - Gai3D is overjoyed to support The
Open Source Geospatial Foundation with a *Silver Sponsorship* in 2017.

Gaia3D is a keen advocate as a member of our community with a strong
commitment to open source. Financially Gaia3D has supported OSGeo regional
and international events. Gaia3D plays an active role in our foundation
working directly with projects, and through our committees and leadership
team.

In 2017 Gaia3D continues their support for the popular FOSS4G Korea, and is
a supporter level sponsor of the global FOSS4G 2017 in Boston. Gaia3D was
one of the first sponsors of the OSGeo initiative to rebrand and replace
the osgeo.org website currently underway. In addition we would like to
thank Gaia3D for a gold sponsorship of the GeoServer code sprint, and for
supporting the QGIS Association as Bronze sponsor.

OSGeo would like to thank Gaia3D for extending their support with their
generous financial contributions in throughout 2017.

*About Gaia3D*

Gaia3D, Inc. is a professional software company in the field of geospatial
information and Earth science technology. The Gaia3D team believes deep
understanding in regard to space and the Earth could solve various problems
that human-beings are facing and could contribute to sustainable
development of our society. This passion for our future is what has
propelled Gaia3D for over 17 years.

Gaia3D is famous for its commitment to open source GIS in Asia. Gaia3D has
pioneered the open source GIS business and the business in this region has
grown very rapidly. Gaia3D provides clients a full DBMS, web map server,
middleware, desktop and web client stack using OSGeo software PostGIS,
GeoServer, GeoWebCache, QGIS and OpenLayers. Gaia3D provides suitable and
relevant open source GIS to clients and built out several enterprise level
GIS successfully.

Gaia3D has proven its expertise in the area of space, weather, and climate
business area. Gaia3D has been involved in building various satellite image
catalogue system and Digital Forecast System. Recently Gaia3D has invested
much resources in developing lightweight and flexible web 3D GIS that can
integrate indoor and outdoor space seamlessly. As a result of this long
investment, Gaia3D will release brand-new 3D GIS called MAGO3D on top of
open source GIS.

*About OSGeo*

The Open Source Geospatial Foundation <http://www.osgeo.org/> is
not-for-profit organization to foster global adoption of open source
geospatial technology. OSGeo serves as an outreach and advocacy
organization providing financial, organizational and legal support for the
open source geospatial community.

OSGeo sponsorship is available on an annual basis for foundation projects,
events, local chapters and operations. Visit www.osgeo.org/sponsorship for
more information.