[OSGeo-Discuss] website/rebranding april update

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 12:16:29 PDT 2017

Quick status update from the webstie/rebranding
<http://www.osgeo.org/marketing/rebranding.html> initiative for April:

   - We have started to see rough wireframes of the approach used for the
   website. *To make these wireframes more realistic we are going through
   an "visitor journey" exercise (which is where your representatives from
   geoforall and local chapters are key).*
   - We received the first breakdown of new branding this week, and are
   providing feedback on the proposed logos/colors.

A big thanks to Marc, Jeffrey and the GetInteractive team for efficiency in
April, cutting this work down to size for the rest of the team.

We would like to welcome some new volunteers:

   - Peter Mooney - has joined to provide an academic perspective, making
   sure the website/rebranding supports the work we do with GeoForAll. Please
   give him your support as we work against some tight deadlines. I also
   understand that Peter will be providing a perspective from OSGeo local
   chapters.
   - Phillip Davis - has volunteered and started to review. Philip we are
   waiting on you to sign up to the marketing list and introduce yourself.
   - Harrison Grundy - is taking on communication with our system
   administration committee. This week he is looking at LDAP so that our
   members can see the website beta prior to release.

As many know this is an expensive undertaking for our organization. We
would like to thank GetCat <https://www.geocat.net>, Boundless
<https://boundlessgeo.com> and other sponsors
<http://www.osgeo.org/marketing/rebranding.html> for enabling this OSGeo
activity financially.