[OSGeo-Discuss] Reducing scope of OSGeo-Live for next 11.0 release

Gert-Jan van der Weijden (OSGeo.nl) gert-jan at osgeo.nl
Tue Apr 18 08:39:33 PDT 2017

Hi OSGeo-Live team and others,

1. Frequency
In order to reduce the workload one might consider to lower the release
frequency to a yearly base.
(In which case I'd also suggest to name the version after their year of
release: "OSGeo Live 2017" etc..)
For my purposes it doesn't add much value to have a new version every 6
months.

2. In/exclude projects
Given the fact that OSGeo Live serves as an introduction, I think the
libraries are far less important to include.

Kind regards,

Gert-Jan