[OSGeo-Discuss] Please share Open Principles in Science and Education ideas and philosophy at all Geo events (Geography Awareness Week, OSM Geo week , GIS day etc )

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Aug 3 00:39:25 PDT 2017

May I also request that we proactively engage with the wider Open Education communities to expand our impact for Open Principles in Geoeducation (Free and open source software, open data, open standards, open educational resources, open access to research publications).

There was very interesting discussions that we had at the Open Ed SIG webinar on our shared values. The Open Ed SiIG, are working to make the many facets of open communities visible through this "Joining the dots” initiative, invited representatives from organisations who adopt OPEN as a fundamental principle to join a discussion in this webinar.

Details at  https://altc.alt.ac.uk/oesig/2017/07/14/open-what-do-we-value/

Recording is available on the ALT YouTube channel
https://youtu.be/kG9gJ3Z8D1M?list=PLxoWy14N6f8ug7otlLtXXR06Vfz48GnCV

I want to thank Open Ed SIG for inviting GeoForAll for this .  Let us make use of all the all Geo and other events and opportunities  to promote Open Principles in Science and Education ideas and philosophy.

Best wishes,

Suchith