[OSGeo-Discuss] Project selection on the new website draft

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 21:28:28 PDT 2017

Not sure it is much of an explanation - our vision as a group is to empower
everyone with geospatial - and there is a lot of open source spatial to
promote.

By the same vision live.osgeo.org includes all kinds of projects :)

The key idea is to help people new to our world to go through the choose a
project pages and discover projects that meet their needs.

The website is a beta, we now have enough projects to test out these ideas
and see what issues we can find.  There is a meeting tomorrow with the
vendor that should be productive (a hands on training session
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Code_Sprint#Website_Training> for
any one attending foss4g).