[OSGeo-Discuss] Gentle reminder reg: Project selection on the new website draft

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 07:00:05 PDT 2017

I'm not sure at all, but it was a suggestion.

Can someone open a ticket on the github so we can have a discussion there.

There are 2 issues.

1) We need to be able to identify which are OSGeo incubated projects
vs others. This is a technical issue that will get solved quickly (see
my previous mail with links)
2) We need a way to sort/order/rank projects when many are displayed.
This is a philosophical decision we will have to make as a group and
then implement technically.

I have no pre-conceptions as to what we should do for 2), but I would
like us to do it with as big of a pool of projects as possible. It
makes sense to me to carefully go through ALL the workshops and
presentations from FOSS4G and make sure *every* project represented in
this set has a corresponding presence on the site. This is what I mean
by Big Tent thinking.

Happy to be having this discussion ... it means no-one is so bothered
by the stretched logos etc ... and assume that will get fixed :)