[OSGeo-Discuss] Richard Stallman's keynote at FOSS4G-Boston today

Venkatesh Raghavan raghavan at media.osaka-cu.ac.jp
Thu Aug 17 06:12:01 PDT 2017

Dear All,

I am sure that all those of you who are attending FOSS4G-Boston are
having a great time.

Ricchard Stallman 's keynote is scheduled for today. If someone
has the opportunity, please remind Stallman that it was the chance
meeting with me on the flight from Hanoi-Bangkok in  2004
that marked the beginning of FOSSS4G. We have come a long
way since then.

He wrote a motivating message [1] for FOSS4G-2004 held in Bangkok,
Thailand.
Had he not insisted (and made me realize the importance) in adding "Free"
when he agreed to write his message, our conference would perhaps
taken some other name.

Best

Venka

[1] http://gisws.media.osaka-cu.ac.jp/grass04/message.html