[OSGeo-Discuss] Proposal for the listing of projects in our new web site

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 07:44:44 PDT 2017

This is a good discussion:

2) sometimes university labs are ALSO providing services. Shall we consider
>> this option and leave the possibility to the labs that are doing so to be
>> listed also here?
>>

> This is something we had not quite thought of. Seems a Geo for all lab
> should be able to choose to be cross listed as a service provider and also
> be listed in a project page. But quite sure how to accomplish this, but
> it's something we should implement. I'll file an issue.
>

> 3) using 'organisations' is a good idea, or at least I don't have a better
>> one. Let us see if somebody suggests something different.
>>

> Here we also start to head toward treating all organizations the same in
> the CMS and just indicating what type(s) they are to show in the
> appropriate place. This would take some rethinking of the site, but may
> make most sense long term.

Actually on this one I think they should just be listed twice, each page
has different information to communicate so if an organization is acting in
multiple roles they would be best served by having two pages.
- Someone looking for a service provider wants to focus on what projects an
organization is ready to help with.
- A visitor looking for a geoforall lab wants to focus on research and
academic accomplishments.

The text in the each can provide the cross link, or we can have a generic
page cross reference as is done for the partner and friend pages.