[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo is accepted as a mentor organization for GSoC 2017!

Margherita Di Leo diregola at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 00:33:53 PST 2017

Dear OSGeo community,

We are proud to announce that OSGeo has been selected as a mentor
organization for the 2017 edition of GSoC! See all selected orgs here [1].

>From now *until March 20*, potential student participants are invited to
discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations/OSGeo’s projects
(see the detailed timeline [2]).

Mentors are invited to let us know the project they intend to mentor, and
to register on the Google webpage [3]. *Before committing for mentorship,
please read and accept the mentor’s responsibilities * [4].

Once we have verified the correspondence between the mentors and the idea,
we will proceed to appointing them in our wiki page at [5] and connect the
mentors to the OSGeo organization on the Google website, from which it’ll
be possible for the mentors to evaluate the proposals. Mentors: please
offer guidance to the students that contact your software communities, and
offer them a code challenge in line with the project that they want to
apply for.

Would-be students: please read carefully the recommendations at: [6] and
browse the ideas page at [7]

*All: please subscribe the soc mailing list *[8].

Let’s begin!!

Cheers,

The OSGeo GSoC Team

[1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/