[OSGeo-Discuss] [Live-demo] OSGeo-Live Press Release 78: OSGeo-Live 11.0 - Need help translating and testing

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 4 10:30:58 PDT 2017

Is there a link to the published beta documentation so project folks can translators can check to see how it will look when published?

The live.osgeo.org just has 10.5.

Thanks,

Regina

---------------------
From: Astrid Emde (OSGeo) <astrid_emde at osgeo.org <mailto:astrid_emde at osgeo.org> >
Date: Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:45 AM

Hello,

we're looking for help testing OSGeo-Live 11.0 beta1 and translating docs.

In particular, we need help:

1. Testing. Run Quickstarts and verify they work. Join us on irc://freenode.net#osgeolive <http://freenode.net#osgeolive>  this weekend, 8 & 9 July 2017, for our testing sprint.

2. Check if any new features need to be added to Project Overviews [2]

3. Update review status in our spreadsheet [4]. (It really helps us know if an application has been reviewed, and by who).

4. Translate docs that have been updated. (Note, our spreadsheet [4] lists a number of retired projects which need updating in the overview.rst contents page and metrics.rst page.) You find the documentation at [2]. Read how to get the documentation fom github and how to make pull request [3].

OSGeo-Live is scheduled to be the default installation at FOSS4G 2017 workshops. We strongly urge all workshop leaders to test OSGeo-Live now and provide feedback, while there is still time to tweak anything required for the workshop.

[1] Download: http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/11.0/ Mirror: http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/11.0/

[2] https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-Doc

[3] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Git_migration

[4] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5BaEgQtgw4O1bXyeWMlM8XtAOhUgcjZ7Y2O0FZc2H0/edit?hl=en_GB#gid=2014800150
Key Milestones

    19-Jun-2017 OSGeo-Live delivered to UAT (final application versions installed)
    15-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live translation finished
    24-Jul-2017 OSGeo-Live Final ISO
    14-Aug-2017 FOSS4G 2017 Boston

... full schedule http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB> &hl=en_GB

About OSGeo-Live
OSGeo-Live (http://live.osgeo.org) is a Lubuntu (http://lubuntu.net) based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing anything.

You find this press release at: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_78

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,
81739 München, Germany