[OSGeo-Discuss] Subject: Re: OSGeo is the host of FOSS4G not a guest

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 4 12:35:15 PDT 2017

+1 ∞

-Patrick

From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Steven Feldman
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 10:45 AM
To: OSGeo Discussions; OSGeo Board
Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Subject: Re: OSGeo is the host of FOSS4G not a guest

It is so depressing that barely 6 weeks before our major event, when dozens of people are working every hour available while still doing a day job, that this kind of a conversation distracts the BLOC and the wider community.

Is "presented by” “hosted by” “organised by” such a big deal? I really fear that we may be losing a sense of perspective. If the board wants to vote on this and change the guidance given to the BLOC then so be it, I would hope that they have higher priorities.

Otherwise let’s say a massive thanks to Guido, Michael and the Boston team and leave them to get on with organising OUR conference.
______
Steven