[OSGeo-Discuss] The future of Geo is Open

Andrea Giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 00:41:27 PDT 2017

Hi Suchit -

It is very unlikely that I will make it to FOSS4G-Europe, as we will be
quite busy during the Summer with projects here in Southern Tuscany...but
in relation to the the issue you would like to discuss I would like to ask
if, in addition to openness of Software and data you have been considering
the openness of the people who are in any case part of the system.

With our team we have been monitoring these aspects, and we have oftern
recorded the fact that the bottleneck towards progress in the open
direction comes from people (individuals, even before organizations).

I was hinting to this towards the end of our Apr 7 Geoforall/APSRS webinar
<http://www.pibinko.org/the-recording-of-the-webinar-of-open-source-geomatics-environment-and-music-from-southern-tuscany/>
 .

I will be glad to further elaborate on the topic if you think this is of
interest, and I would also be interested to learn if other teams have been
considering this aspect.

Best regards

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org