[OSGeo-Discuss] The Pledge – I support Open Principles for Science and Education for building a better world for everyone

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sun Jul 16 06:08:51 PDT 2017

Suchith,

I heartily agree with ‘officially’ signing up with the Open Science and Education principles. These words will help to orient and guide us.

Formally recognizing them certainly strengthens our commitment to the noble GeoForAll cause of helping this world become a more welcome place for life. Making these principles a living reality is beautiful and so very important. I hope we are doing that. Officially going on the record as supporting these principles seems an excellent idea.

The words are a little longer than the NASA motto ‘for the benefit of all’ but they speak loud and clear, ‘we are here for everybody!’

-Patrick