[OSGeo-Discuss] Helsinki NASA Europa Challenge 2017

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Thu Jul 27 21:49:10 PDT 2017

Suchith,

There is nothing more beautiful than inspiring and challenging our youth to deliver solutions that serve their local community, with an eye to be shared with the global community.

This has been the Europa Challenge mantra born of a week-long intensive course Prof Maria Brovelli put together in 2012 at Politecnico di Milan at Como. We gathered to discover a formula to engender applied open source solutions. Challenging our youth to build these open source solutions became the key element.

The methodology being the old 'standing-on-the-shoulders-of-giants' trick. OSGeo/FOSS4G are the giants we stand on!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standing_on_the_shoulders_of_giants

-Patrick