[OSGeo-Discuss] Argentina FOSS4G

Ravi Kumar manarajahmundry2015 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 09:14:39 PDT 2017

ARGENTINA FOSS4G
the 'Developing World', has this problem of dependency on Proprietary GIS
Software.
Just Google GIS jobs and you for sure will hit the Proprietary kind.

It is pertinent to demonstrate:
1. That what we build on gvSIG, Qgis etc can be equally used on propreitary
GIS, thus cutting costs.
2. Choose a GNU-Linux Operating System along with Open Source GIS, and you
will never(be hit by), 'WannaCRY'.
3. Having a DEMONSTRATION, of ESRI, AUTOCAD, Bentley clients networked
(SAMBA) with systems using GNU-Linux with Open Source GIS will take our
cause a long way.

FINALLY

4. Software Piracy.. This is like fighting Cancer, the self inflicted
software malice.
'Clean Pirated GIS and the Open Source GIS will bloom'.
Not sure if the 1998 Argentinian court ruling still prevails.
http://expressindia.indianexpress.com/fe/daily/19980207/03855554.html