[OSGeo-Discuss] The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Sat May 13 14:02:18 PDT 2017

Suchith,

I was delighted to listen to your distinguished presentation that began with the world's first view of that delicate blue-and-tan jewel, the Earth, as seen from space. And then to learn more about GODAN and the NASA GODAN Challenge! A phrase that has such a nice ring to it!

Your efforts to establish Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition are invaluable. Your presentation to the UN clearly identified the priorities, we need open tools to turn open data into actionable information.

The NASA Europa Challenge which will climax in Helsinki this year in late August is very proud to partner with GODAN for the NASA GODAN Challenge.

Let's see what Earthlings can do when they apply their energies in helping each other!
http://eurochallenge.como.polimi.it/

-Patrick