[OSGeo-Discuss] My feelings about board elections

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX) patrick.hogan at nasa.gov
Wed Nov 1 08:30:26 PDT 2017

Tina,

Couldn’t agree more with your sentiment, or Vicky’s for that matter too.

Unfortunately men have not been doing such a great job ruling the world. We are over-aggressive and lack the nurturing instinct, to the native degree women have it. And classically women have not had the same platform to operate as men.

Affirmative action [1] in the US was put in place to correct that kind of imbalance. I am not disagreeing with you, just saying we would certainly benefit by having more women in charge, obviously not the Margaret Thatcher types (there are exceptions!)

The lunacy of these recent elections has made me rather hungry for another breed of leadership, and I am quite partial to seeing more opportunity for those who haven’t had it. Just consider me the kind of guy who likes to see women on top!

Thank you dearly for your expressed position, I heartily concur, applaud and root for it!

{1} https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_action_in_the_United_States

-[domesticated] Patrick