[OSGeo-Discuss] Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Sat Nov 4 06:50:15 PDT 2017

Vasile,

Thank you for the outstanding work you did.
It is a lot of work and a big responsability.

Congratulations also to all the new and re-elected board members.
You are now the legal representatives for our community and we trust you
in taking that responsibility to lead the organisation in her further
growth.

I also want to thank all the nominated candidates, as this means that we
are an organisation where many people can and want to take that
responsibility. This is a good and vital sign for OSGeo!

All the best!
Dirk

On 26-10-17 21:08, Vasile Craciunescu wrote:
> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of our
> ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017