[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Board nomination: Jeff McKenna

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 04:01:03 PDT 2017

Jeff,

While I agree with others that you have been very enthusiastic toward
OSGeo ideals, I'm also believe that there are some unanswered questions
which should be addressed.

In particular, a while back you stepped down from the OSGeo Board
mid-term, while you were in the position of OSGeo president. I don't
think a public explanation was provided, but I was aware that there was
some passionate discussion happening in public email lists at the time.

If you are considering sitting on the board again, I think an
explanation should be provided.

Regards, Cameron

On 9/10/17 8:48 am, nicolas bozon wrote:

> It is my honor to nominate Jeff McKenna for the OSGeo Board of
> Directors election.
>
> Most of you knows Jeff's energy and passion for everything OSGeo, and
> i would probably be mistaken trying to summarize his countless
> contributions over the years, at every level of our Foundation. His
> leadership and long involvement in the OSGeo and FOSS4G communities
> made him the Winner of the Solz Katz Award in 2016, and i cannot add
> more. For those of you who may really not know Jeff yet, the
> User:Jeff_McKenna wiki page is a good read before you vote.
>
> Jeff already served three times at the board and has a deep
> understanding of both the director role and the current OSGeo
> strategic plan. Experienced with OSGeo governance and bylaws, Jeff
> also knows a lot about projects and people. He is always ready to help
> build locally and to represent globally.
>
> Jeff is a great communicator and enthusiastic community leader, and i
> believe he will be an excellent OSGeo director again. Please let us
> all welcome Jeff back at the Board!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Nicolas Bozon

> Jeff McKenna agreed to be nominated and i decided to send the
> nomination directly to the Discuss list with cc to CRO, so it avoids
> Jeff to confirm to himself that he accepts the nomination. The Board
> Nominations page still need to be updated, could you please Vasile ?
> Sorry for shortening the nomination process in this special case.

Cameron Shorter
Open Technologies Consultant
Geospatial & Software Architect
Information Demystifier