[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Sanghee Shin shshin at gaia3d.com
Sun Oct 15 01:40:15 PDT 2017

Hi GJ,

My answers inline:

보낸 사람: Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl
보낸 날짜: 2017년 10월 13일 금요일 오전 1:00
받는 사람: 'Sanghee Shin'; 'Astrid Emde (OSGeo)'
참조: 'OSGeo Discussions'
제목: RE: [OSGeo-Discuss] Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

After reading them, I have 3 questions:
= One to Sanghee:
I really like your personal review of the last 2 years as a Board member. Not just fun parts, but also some harder times.
Could you please elaborate on the "Sometimes I saw the 'Desire to the Innocence' from the community"? I simply don't quite understand what you mean by this.

I got this kind of feelings when sometimes saw antipathy against commercial/proprietary services/products. Open source and commercial/proprietary use the same language and tools to achieve same goal, while paths are different.

= And one to all of you:
Some of you talk about being an inclusive organization.
For the geographical and probably cultural aspect of inclusiveness, do you think the Board should have it's roots in as much continents / languages as possible, so preferably 1 Board member from every continent (not counting for Antarctica, ha!)

That might be ideal configuration if we could have board members not only from different continents/languages but also from diverse domains.

Best regards,
신상희
---
Shin, Sanghee