[OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2017: roles and positions

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 17 05:39:53 PDT 2017

Hi Gert-Jan,

I had tried to answer this question in my original manifesto, the
original words are still there in that section you referenced, where I
volunteer to help with the leadership of OSGeo and also stress the
importance of the 'executive Board' (President, Vice Presidents) to help
with the demands of leadership.

I also think there are already great volunteers in the current roles, we
should always be respectful of their interests to remain in those roles,
and speak with them directly to get a sense of next steps - I've
personally found that a face-to-face Board meeting is best for handling
this, as it is tricky to do over email or video.

For now I think it's only important that each candidate offers to help
with the Board, in any capacity, which we all did - great!  I think this
is awesome, having so many great leaders (all 9 candidates are great
OSGeo leaders) interested in volunteering and helping our foundation
grow.

-jeff