[OSGeo-Discuss] Board Candidate Manifestos: 3 questions

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Tue Oct 17 05:47:37 PDT 2017

So I could make this a fourth question. What are the candidates perspectives on using RCV/PR to increase representation from The Rest of the World?

— Andy

On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Andy Anderson <aanderson at amherst.edu<mailto:aanderson at amherst.edu>> wrote:

We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide representation of larger minority interests.

— Andy

[1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr