[OSGeo-Discuss] Board elections time

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Wed Oct 18 03:42:26 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Based on the feedback received from two of our members (thank you
Dimitris and Gert-Jan), I did a small change in the voting system. The
change is on the number of votes than one can cast. The initial system
was maximum 5, minimum 5, which does not make sense if you want to
abstain on more than 5 nominations (the rule was inherit from the survey
template used last year). Also, according to our process rules  "You can
cast up to 5 votes, for 5 different people." [1]. Now, before making
this change, 35 people already voted. The votes are anonymized but I can
go through Limesurvey setting to check if is possible to reset someone
votes. Please let me know on cro at osgeo.org if you already voted and you
were unhappy with the fact that the system forced you to cast 5 votes.

Best,
Vasile
CRO 2017

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Election_2017