[OSGeo-Discuss] Election 2017 Board of Directors elections results

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fri Oct 27 05:17:12 PDT 2017

Hello OSGeo Community,

great news! We have 5 new OSGeo board members!

It is an honour and a pleasure for me to be elected for the OSGeo board.
Thanks for your trust and your votes. I also want to congratulate Maria,
Jeff, Jody and Helena for beeing elected.

Thanks to all other nominees for running in this election - Vicky, Dirk,
Venka, Sanghee. It would also have been great to have you on the board.
Maybe you join next year.

Thanks to all OSGeo board members that leave the board after two year
now - Venka, Sanghee and Dirk.

And big thanks to the CRO and especially Vasile for your great job! For
the next election we will organize that it will be less complicated &
more fun.

I am looking forward to work on the OSGeo board.

Astrid

PS: Maria Arias de Reyna, Maria Antonia Brovelli, Jeff, Vicky and all
others at FOSS4G-Argentinia - would be great to be with you and
celebrate. Greetings to Argentinia

Am 2017-10-26 21:08, schrieb Vasile Craciunescu:
> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> These are the results from the 2017 elections for the 5 open
> seats of the OSGeo Board of Directors. The results in alphabetical
> order are:
>
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Thanks to all candidates to ongoing through the elections process.
> Election figures are:
>
> * Membership: 390
> * Valid votes: 308
> * Not finished votes: 5
> * Not voted: 77
>
> There were no scores to arbitrate. One candidate withdraw during the
> voting period. A final position is expected from the candidate ASAP.
> Thank you all who voted!!
>
> The complete resulting Board (wiki order) for 2017/2018 is:
>
> * Vasile Craciunescu
> * Maria Antonia Brovelli
> * Michael Smith
> * Angelos Tzotsos
> * Astrid Emde
> * Jody Garnett
> * Jeff McKenna
> * Helena Mitasova
> * María Arias de Reyna
>
> Personally I just want to express my joy for the excellent scores of
> our ladies candidates, elected or not.
>
> Please congratulate the new OSGeo Directors!
>
> My job as CRO is almost finished now, I will update the wiki with the
> detailed results (CSV with every vote and the timestamp) as soon as
> possible.
>
> Best,
> Vasile
> CRO 2017