[OSGeo-Discuss] Recording of “Facilitating the use of standards and steps to achieving impact with open data”

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Sat Oct 28 00:27:41 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

On behalf of The Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN), I would like to share the recording of the webinar on "Facilitating the use of standards  and  steps to achieving impact with open data”

In this webinar, GODAN Action [1]  project leads Valeria Pesce (The Global Forum on Agricultural Research)  and Rob Lokers (Wageningen University and Research) present findings from their work on standards and impact evaluations of open data – with a special focus on weather data.

Valeria will give an overview of the trends and major gaps in the availability and use of weather data standards, followed by recommendations on how to make existing data standards more usable or develop services that facilitate the use of standards.

Rob will  share on achieving impact with open data: the importance of context for the potential of open data and some examples from open weather data cases.

The webinar recording is at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BMMvAOTZ1o&list=PLv8yRTnf9h7j-5SoKRs6lEsdI1EyzM8Cc

Examples of data standards relevant from various standards, ISO, OGC, WMO, INSPIRE etc that was presented might be of wider interest.

We would like to thank Chipo Msengezi , Chris Addison and all CTA Colleagues for hosting our webinar series. All recordings of our previous webinars are  made available at the CTA Youtube channel.  We look forward to see you .

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] http://www.godan.info/news/godan-action-enabling-practical-engagement-open-data-agriculture-and-nutrition

University of Nottingham.