[OSGeo-Discuss] 2017 membership process update

Vasile Craciunescu vasile at geo-spatial.org
Fri Sep 1 05:46:02 PDT 2017

Dear all,

Please let us give you some updates on the membership process (charter
members nomination) [1]. Until now we got 50 nominations. 40 nominees
already confirm the nomination and that was reflected on this mailing
list and the New Member Nominations 2017 wiki page [2]. Please be aware
that the table is not reflecting yet all the endorsements received by
the nominees. It's quite challenging to keep up with that. This
information will be updated during the weekend and one more time before
the nomination period end. Also, the user profile link was not included
for the nominees.  This will also be reviewed during the weekend. Some
people raise concerns about the phrase "be aware of and protect against
a hostile takeover of OSGeo". The reasons for this wording were
explained by some of our colleagues here and the subject will be
included in one of the next board meetings. That's all for the moment.
Thank you for caring about our community!

Best regards,
Vasile & Jeff
2017 OSGeo Elections CROs

PS If you decide to nominate a person as charter member, please include
the nominee *e-mail address and the country*. Thank you!

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process