[OSGeo-Discuss] Nomination of Hae-Kyong Kang for charter membership

최규성 kyusung.choi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 19:49:14 PDT 2017

To Whom It May Concern,

I would strongly support the OSGeo Charter Member nomination for Dr.
Hae-kyong Kang.

Toward the open community, her enthusiasm and endeavor can't be
underestimated. I've known her since late 1990s, and I'd noticed her open
source journey in late 2000s when I'd been still in the proprietary world.
Her research and promotion made significant inflence on the public policy
and industry atmosphere, especially in South Korea where geospatial economy
is driven by public sector. Many of Korean OSGeo members are proud that
we're doing better off in open source activities than any other indicators
show. I believe Dr. Kang be one of the contributors to make it happen.

I think her work isn't done yet, but there is only her long way to go. If
the nomination is given to her, this would be supposed as a great
encouragement for her to pose better of OSGeo.

Best regards,

Kyu-sung Choi
President, EZMapping
Seoul, Korea (M. +82-10-5414-4374)

Forwarding Hae-Kyong Kang nomination by Sanghee Shin. The 2017 member
> nominations list will be updated ASAP [1].
>

> Best regards,
>
>> Vasile & Jeff
>
>> 2017 OSGeo Elections CROs
>

> [1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/New_Member_Nominations_2017