[OSGeo-Discuss] [SoC] GSoC 2017 Results!

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Thu Sep 7 08:02:31 PDT 2017

Hi all
This is an unordered list of congratulations, it was a team work, with
three components, and no component is less than the other.

I want to congratulate the GSoC administrators team.
A mentor follows the weekly reports of the own project, and you follow
all!!!!
That is a huge task.
PS Thanks for supporting us with your valuable comments and reminders.

I also congratulate the students,
Your efforts improve the open source community, and in this case in
particular, it improves the OSGeo community.
Working "iong distance" its not an easy task; there are no schedules, there
is no one behind your back,.
With the technology, in the future, I can see that home office will be
trendy, and with this program you gained more traits to be a successful
independent person.
PS. You can be sure that your code will be cared for. But if you keep on
contributing you can also take care of someone else's code

Fellow mentors:
It is always rewarding to see how students evolve from novice to master on
the topic they worked on.
The students learned to write Proposals listened to Suggestions & Comments
(PSC) to make the development.
That is what makes projects moving.
Congratulations for the outcome!!!!!

Vicky

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Margherita Di Leo <diregola at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear OSGeo community,
>
> it is our pleasure to announce that 13 GSoC students have successfully
> completed the program this year! You can find out more at:
> https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/
> 4660070039158784/#projects
>
> We would like to wholeheartedly thank all the mentors who dedicated their
> invaluable time and experience to this program, you are the core of GSoC!
> Thanks also to our students, we are sure you learnt a lot and also had some
> fun, and we hope you decide to remain in the OSGeo community becoming
> active developers and the future generation of GSoC mentors!
>
> If you participated this year as a student or as a mentor, please take the
> time to leave us your feedback, as we try to improve the experience each
> year. We created a page https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/
> Google_Summer_of_Code_2017_Improvements where you can leave your comments
> and suggestions, please feel free to expand it, or to contact us directly
> to discuss your ideas. We are also collecting your questions and topics
> that you would like us to bring to the mentor summit (13-15 October,
> where Rohith Reddy and Margherita Di Leo will represent OSGeo).
>
> Our activities don’t end here! You’ll soon receive our call to participate
> to a virtual meeting to discuss about OSGeo’s participation at “Google
> Code-in”, a program addressed to kids aged 13-17. We are very excited about
> that!
>
> Meanwhile, read more at: https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/
>
> That’s all for now! Stay tuned..
>
> Your OSGeo-GSoC Admins