[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 11:42:58 PDT 2017

Can I ask the people who have seconded this nomination to provide
information on what positive attribute Dr. Anujit Vansarochana displays in
the our community to be considered as a charter member.

For reference here is the positive attributes
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Membership_Process#Positive_Attributes> list
from the membership process we are following:

*Recommended membership selection criteria include:*

   - *Members should believe in the general goals of the Foundation. To
   support and promote the use of free and open source geospatial software,
   education and data in a collaborative manner.*
   - *Previous participation in or support of OSGeo activities*
   - *The person should already have made a contribution to free and open
   source geospatial software, education or open data.*
   - *The person should be willing to put in time and effort on the
   Foundation, perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way
   that gets the Foundation going.*
   - *Members should be prepared to work constructively and positively
   towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset.*

*Membership nominations should strive to promote diversity:*

   - *Nominate members representing a diversity of geographic regions,
   diversity of projects, diversity of programming languages.*
   - *Nominate members representing and diversity of interests (e.g.,
   corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific).*
   - *Nominate members representing a diversity of humanity including
   gender and race *

This is a reference to my own ignorance of Dr. Anujit Vansarochana
activities and no slight is intended or implied. I have tried to search the
discussion email list, geoforall email list and osgeo wiki to learn more.

--
Jody Garnett