[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: nomination of Anujit Vanasarochana from Thaialnd

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Fri Sep 8 05:07:56 PDT 2017

Dear Jody

I'm a bit disappointed about this request. Many people were seconded as charter members simply typing +1 and the name of the person seconding.

Why do you want more explanation from Hayashi-san and Kenya-san and you didn't ask in other cases?

Hayashi-san and Kenya-san  are our charter members (they have the characteristics that you had listed). To better say, they are great charter members, relevant contributors to the Japanese and Asian Community. They don't deserve a behaviour different from all the other charter members. We didn't request explanation about the support, only about nomination. Please don't frustrate the volunteers of our community creating differential requests. Obviosly Hayashi and Kenya are able to provide pieces of information but they are also asking themselves why this different behaviour with them. And me too, I ask you: why? do you have some pieces of information about the people who were nominated that I don't have?

Best,

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4 "Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html, Board of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Academic Network Deputy Chair, UN-GGIM Italy, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)
Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  <mailto:maria.brovelli at polimi.it> maria.brovelli at polimi.it