[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: Charter member nomination: Gretchen Peterson

Kristin Bott bottk at reed.edu
Fri Sep 8 13:25:36 PDT 2017

Additional details behind my +1 (was asked to explain why I seconded...)

I think that Gretchen has done a significant amount of work in
public-facing cartography / education and making both beautiful and
effective maps more accessible to folks outside of the usual / stock
audiences for such things (through: books she's written, blog posts,
Twitter, etc).

And, since part of the call for charter members involves diversity... to
continue singing the same old song (see Aleda Freeman nomination +1
follow-up; Tina Cormier nomination +1 follow-up) I don't believe that the
list of Charter Members is representative of the user community of OSGeo
projects; I believe we're skewed on a couple of demographic axes. One of
those is gender. Let's work on that.

Can provide more/additional justification/rationale/input/thoughts as
needed; let me know.

cheers -
-k.bott