[OSGeo-Discuss] [Board] About the selected election periods

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 07:39:05 PDT 2017

I am a little cautious expecting charter members to take on a significant
role in the governance of OSGeo without asking first. We have recently
tried  asking for charter member participation in an OSGeo strategic
planning activity ... and were disappointed by lack of response. I continue
to recommend building up the working relationship with the committee
leadership we do have and promote contributor engagement with committees
(osgeo,project,board).

Of course we should still rename charter members (since that term means
people who signed the original charter
<https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charter%20member>). I know
"voting member" does not sound quite as fun.

--
Jody Garnett